Bhava 4.0 | Aishwary Bhava

I struggle, everyday and many have been struggling with self confidence, self esteem, self doubt or just the feeling of not being good enough for years. Some might have even started feeling this recently because of the influence of social media in our lives. I found it difficult to accept the fact that I'm struggling with myself or the thought of me, my body, how I looked or felt about myself. When these things were given more importance, it started frustrating me so much that I didn't realise the negative effect. "I don't want to look in the mirror and I also don't want to be that person who finds nothing beautiful about herself" what have I done, my mind asks me. Why don't you like me? I have no answer to that question so I stay quiet and weep.
It hurts to have your mind scattered and not in your control. Most of the compliments from people around me and the ones who love me don't suffice because if you're not in love with yourself, nobody can do that for you. I haven't written a blog in a while and I would only be able to talk about this BHAVA when I practice it myself. I truly believe in practicing what I preach and it didn't seem fair to write about it if I was not feeling confident at all. I knew I had to do something about it. It's really been a tough journey and still is, I don't think I'm100% successful as yet but I want to write about it now when I'm struggling with it because a great person once said the journey is more important than the destination. There are a few things that I do and will continue as a practice. I have made changes in my routine in the past one year and I continue to stick by it but lately I have started writing positive points about my day. Initially I felt it was stupid to do this everyday but it does make a difference to your state of mind. I decided to take up a new activity, physical activity that really pushes me to the limit and asanas to keep the balance and calm. I'm trying to build that lost confidence, upping my self esteem.
Aishwarya Bhava is to feel invincible with your head up in the air keeping your ego and feet on the ground. I can relate to the Bhava more than ever now when I'm low on confidence and trying my best to reach my way up. I'm a few kilos up and that's been bothering me for quite sometime but taking stress and obsessing over it isn't the solution. The image of myself in my own head is the one I want to break. I don't want to succumb to stereotypes and just live in this body the best way I can.

I'm following Dharma Bhava by allowing myself to focus on the duty towards my body and mind. Jnana Bhava to know the right and wrong when it comes to overall wellbeing and health - which helps me understand my body better and what it needs to nourish. Vairagya Bhava to let go of the preconceived notions that I set for myself or just unrealistic goals that I kept obsessing over and over again. Finally, in this year I'll be able to conquer my way up to being completely free of judgement and full of self confidence.
Self-love is a journey to remind myself that I constantly need to work on it on good and bad days.
Life is really not that difficult if you live with awareness and knowledge - it is as simple as you make it for yourself. This is my interpretation of the bhava and this is truly my experience and learning from it. One year later, I'm mentally & emotionally stronger to face anything that comes my way. I learned to be calm and patient in the most challenging situations throughout the year. 2018 has been full of surprises - looking forward to this year!

An experience to be one with yourself in every way possible - constant modifications, practice and self love.

Have a great year!
Jan 2019 ❤️

Comments

Popular Posts