Introduction to Arogya

Arogya
Prevention is better than cure

Arogya in Sanskrit means “overall wellbeing”, complete health in mind,body and spirit. In literal terms, It is a condition which is free from disease. According to the current scenario, Health is not just the absence of diseases but also the optimum state of bodily functions in the ever changing environment. Our wellness depends on the state of mind as the human mind has tremendous power over the body and most of the diseases are mind oriented or psychosomatic in nature.

Today I start a new journey with an aim to spread awareness and reach out to people who want to bring about a change in their lifestyle and overall health.
If you're still reading this, I want to say, I'm glad you give importance to your health and grateful that you made a choice to hear me out.

I realized the importance of mental and emotional well being when I suffered from dengue last year. When I fell sick and spent a week at the hospital I did not just blame that one mosquito bite but also how my mind and body were not in sync at all. I was completely stressed out, emotionally weak and facing a low phase in my life. In spite of going to the gym regularly and working out for an hour everyday my state of mind was disturbed. I was perpetually negative about everything that happened around me. Due to lack of sleep or no sleep at all sometimes, I became dull and unenthusiastic.

I reflected on how I let my mind wander aimlessly and get affected by unimportant things. I became an irritable and moody person. I wasn't AWARE about myself, my emotions or my state of mind. I eventually started asking myself more questions and finding answers to them. I read self help books to motivate me but it was a constant struggle to maintain a positive state of mind.

I have been into sports and extracurricular activities since the age of 5 from learning gymnastics, swimming and playing table tennis for school and college. I grew up with an attitude of never giving up and fighting against all odds. I remember at this point of time, none of this made any sense. I lacked motivation and desire to do anything in life. I had no idea why i was feeling this way and what i should be doing to get out of it.

Yoga​ ​was introduced to me during childhood but like any other child I was oblivious to the benefits of practicing yoga and didn’t consciously take effort in learning more about it. Now I don't know if it's circle of life or just a mere coincidence that I got introduced to Yoga and its philosophy in depth. I consider myself lucky to have found a path that has helped me become self aware and peaceful.

What is Yoga?
Yoga is a way of life that helps you maintain a balanced state of mind.
It is a constant practice for life and there are no shortcuts when it comes to your physical and mental health. Yoga teaches us to be self reliant and believes in prevention is better than cure.

The Eight Fold Path of Yoga - ASHTANGA YOGA 




From insights into the yoga philosophy,
I will be discussing more in detail on these aspects that comprise of the 4 pillars in our life.

AHAR - Diet and nutrition
VIHAR - Daily routine - Wellness and recreation.
ACHAR - Behavior or conduct with the external world.
VICHAR - Thought process or way of thinking (positive/negative/neutral)

I wish to support and guide through this blog because pain cannot be escaped but suffering can be handled with ease.
Hence, make this space interactive by sharing experiences, stories or just your thoughts so we learn and grow together towards a better life.

You can write to me on Facebook or DM on Instagram.
@Forarogya


















With love,
Sonali Tungare  

Comments

  1. Hey! This is amazing stuff! I can't wait to read more and understand better. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stuff thanks for sharing the info

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts